Super Bowl is full of football of cheesy overindulgent goodness. But it doesn’t have to end with a tummy ache! Milton Mama, Bree, of the Little Big Spoon, created a recipe to share with us that is not only SO yummy, but super nutritious. These meatballs are the perfect finger food snack for little ones and they are full of veggies, but you would never know 🙂 The adults will be gobbling them up too!
Happy Super Bowl Weekend! XOXO
Zucchini Carrot Meatballs!
Makes 15 zucchini carrot meatballs.
- 2 zucchinis
- 2 small carrots
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp onion powder
- 3/4 -1 c gluten free panko crumbs
- 1/4-1/2 c parmesan cheese ( I used a part blend – left over in the fridge)
- 1 large egg
- Heat oven to 375* and spray a baking pan with nonstick oil.
- Grate zucchini and put into a cheese cloth or thin dish rag. Squeeze all water out, and then squeeze some more (for reference, I squeezed out 1/2 c of water).
- Grate carrots into bowl.
- Heat oil in a pan, and chop garlic.
- Saute garlic in pan until fragrant and then add zucchinis and carrots to pan.
- Saute vegetables for 5 minutes or until slightly softened and add spices.
- While veggies cook, place gf panko crumbs into a bowl, mix with the cheese.
- Make a well in the center of the crumbs and crack one egg.
- Scoop contents of pan back into the cheese cloth and squeeze more water out (I managed another 1/4 c of water.
- Put vegetables into a bowl and allow to cool a bit before adding it to the crumb mixture.
- Once veggies have cooled, add veggies to crumb mixture and stir thoroughly. Now is that time to judge if the mixture is too watery, and to add more crumbs.
- Roll into tight balls, between .9-.95 oz, or 1 inch in diameter
- Place on baking sheet and cook for 10 minutes, flip, and cook an additional 10 minutes
Meet Bree! This Milton Mama is on a mission to create wholesome & nutritious food for her family. Check out all of her recipes here. Many are gluten free, dairy free, and paleo! Thanks for sharing with us, mama!