Spring is in the air and April vacation is right around the corner! I love that there is so much to do outside this time of year and so many things to do right in our backyard. Here are 25 fun things to do in Milton and beyond this Spring!
2. Take a ride on Boston’s iconic Swan Boats. Opening day is April 13th!
3. Give fish kisses at the new Coral Reef Tank at the New England Aquarium
4. Join one of the bi-weekly Peek A Blue Hikes through Blue Hills Reservation. Pack a lunch and enjoy a post-hike picnic. Hikes start April 23rd!
5. Enjoy Art Week Milton with events at Forbes House Museum, Milton Art Center & The Eustis Estate, April 26- May 5.
6. Check out the gorgeous blooms in Boston Public Garden, and stroll the cobblestone streets of Beacon Hill.
7. Along the way stop to see Jack, Kack, Lack, Mack, Nack, Ouack, Pack, Quack and Mrs Mallard
8. Visit with the animals and explore a working farm at Drumlin Farm
9. Ride the trolley to Ashmont and get dinner at Ashmont Grill
10. Walk among the giant daffodils, an art installation in Boston Seaport through April 29th
11. Take a stroll around Turner’s Pond and drop some books off in the Little Free Library located in the parking lot, at Glover school and many other locations throughout town.
12. Quack, Quack! It’s Duckling Day in Boston Public Gardens on May 12th
13. Ride the carousel at Rose Kennedy Greenway and get lunch from a food truck
14. Show some Dot pride at the Dot Day Parade. The fun kicks off on June 2nd.
15. Sign up for a veggie or flower share at Brookwood Farm and take a ride on their tire swing!
16. Eat egg sandwiches & chubbs outside at the Plate. Don’t forget iced coffee for Mom!
17. Feed the goats at Ward’s Berry Farm, and get lunch outside
18. Climb to the top of the jungle gym at Shields Park!
19. Fly a kite high in the sky at Kite & Bike Fest.on May 18th.
21. Stock up on goodies from the Milton Farmers Market every Thursday in Milton Village. The Market opens on June 13th.
22. Enjoy the 7th Annual Strawberry Festival at First Congregational Church Milton on June 15th
24. Celebrate the last day of School on June 17th!
25. Take a dip at Cunningham Pond.…opening date TBA