Over the weekend I participated in a holiday baking exchange. In addition to cookies and peppermint bark, I thought it would be a great idea to make a body scrub made out of delicious ingredients I already had in my house. This “recipe” is super simple and makes for the perfect gift to the hostess of all your holiday parties or a thoughtful last minute gift, too. The ingredients are only 2 main ones, and the others are spices you definitely have left over from those Thanksgiving pumpkin and apple pies.
You’ll need …
- 1/2 c coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- 1 Tbsp honey, raw/organic if possible
- 1 1/4 c cane sugar (or regular granulated sugar)
- 2 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- small glass jar
What to do …
- Soften your coconut oil by putting it in the microwave for 20 seconds or so. Add the vanilla extract and honey to this bowl.
- In a medium bowl, add all dry ingredients and whisk together.
- With a wooden spoon add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Scoop mixture into glass jar.
- Decorate with your fanciest holiday ribbon.