I think it is every mom’s goal to look and feel great, stay fit, AND find time to feed your family nutritious, yummy meals. Easier said than done. Amiright? Enter, Jackie Iannoni, owner of Build Wellness. Jackie is an NSCA Certified Strength and Conditioning Coach, Precision Nutrition Certified Coach, as well as a Functional Movement Specialist. She offers fitness and nutrition in the form of a personalized concierge service by coming up with individualized plans and coming to YOU! I asked Jackie to share a healthy meal that would be easy to make for those insanely busy weeknights. This simple, delicious White Chicken Chili is so easy to throw together during the week, or to make a double batch of on the weekend. It’s packed with flavor and always a crowd pleaser!
Prep Time- 20 min
Cook Time- 40 min
Yields 4-5 servings
2 teas. Paprika
2 teas. Cumin
2 teas. Chili Powder
1 teas. Salt
1 teas. Pepper
1 tbsp. Olive Oil
1 medium Red Bell Pepper, diced
1 small Yellow onion, diced
1 Jalapeño, seeded & diced
3 Garlic Cloves, minced
1 lb. Ground chicken
1 tbsp. Flour
2 15 oz. can Cannellini Beans, rinsed
1 15 oz. can Corn, rinsed
4 cups Chicken Stock
3-4 cups Baby Spinach
1. Mix together all of the spices (from paprika to pepper) in a small bowl and set aside.
2. In a large pot (I used my Lodge Dutch Oven) heat the olive oil over medium heat for 1-2 minutes. Then add the red pepper, onion, garlic & jalapeno. Sauté for 4-5 minutes.
3. Add the ground chicken and HALF of the spice mixture to the pot. Use a spatula or a spoon to break up the chicken and thoroughly combine. Cook for 5-6 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink.
4. Stir the flour into the ground chicken mixture until fully coated.
5. Stir in the white beans, corn, chicken stock and remaining half of the spice mixture and bring to a boil. Then, reduce heat to low and let simmer for 35-40 minutes, uncovered.
6. Stir in the baby spinach and remove from heat. Serve (ideally with a little grated cheddar on top) and enjoy!
Jackie, thanks of sharing your delicious White Chicken Chili with us 🙂
Jackie Iannoni, owner of Build Wellness, is a Certified Strength and Conditioning Coach as well as a Certified Precision Nutrition Coach. She delivers a concierge wellness service, coming to your home or office to provide personal or small group training sessions as well as offering remote fitness and nutrition coaching. Her objective is to help each client build an infrastructure of positive wellness habits that can be implemented consistently and molded to support their unique lifestyle and goals! Shoot her an email or give her a call today to schedule a free fitness and/or nutrition consultation! Follow her on Instagram.